What are the top 10 engineering universities worldwide? If you ask this question then must be an engineering and technology enthusiast and maybe would like to get into one of these top 10 engineering schools. Well, we have listed these popular and highly rated engineering colleges for you below, but let’s just say that they are very picky as to who gets in.
Top 10 Engineering Universities Worldwide
Data below has been put together according to Timeshighereducation.co.uk and its “The World University Ranking” page.
10. Imperial College – United Kingdom
The Imperial College of Science is located in London, England and is a public research university offering highly popular engineering and medicine programs.
9. ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology – Switzerland
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology is located in the city of Zurich in Switzerland. It is one of highly regarded universities in Europe as well as around the world.
8. University of California – United States
Established in 1849, the University of California as part of the state of California Higher Education systems, holds more than 230,000 students.
7. University of Oxford – United Kingdom
The Department of Engineering Science at University of Oxford is just over 100 years old, which was established in 1908. The Oxford university’s first professor engineering was the famous Frewen Jenkin.
6. University of Cambridge – United Kingdom
University of Cambridge is another public research university. University of Cambridge, located in the city of Cambridge, is an old European university established in 1209 AD. This University has historically attracted many students not just from Europe but also from around the world to study engineering.
5. Stanford University – United States
Right in the middle of the list of top 10 engineering universities, sits the very famous Stanford University. It is a private research university located in California and is considered one of the most popular universities in the world.
4. University of California – United States
Unlike Stanford university, University of California or UC is a public research university. It was established in 1866 as a college of Agricultural, Mining, and Mechanical Arts and has had a strong and popular engineering department since.
3. Princeton University – United States
Princeton University is located in New Jersey. It was established in 1746, which was known as College of New Jersey. It offers very advanced studies in the engineering field.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology – United States
Another private university located in Cambridge. This one is, though, is in Cambridge, US. As a result of the increasing industrialization of the United States, MIT was created in 1861.
1. California Institute of Technology – United States
Number one university of top 10 universities worldwide is California Institute of Technology. CIT is another private university with extremely high regards in Engineering and Science.
- top 10 engineering colleges in europe
- weapon engineering colleges in u s a
- best weapons engineering universities in europe?
- top 10 engineering universities worldwide
- weapons engineering schools